Thursday, May 07, 2009

Random Happenings

1. We bought the kids a swing set. It took about 15 hours for Tyler to get it put together but they love it. Post on that to come.

2. I am soooooo sick if whiny kids. Hailee's new thing is that she is bored. Yea I wish...

3. Finished my 4 week boot camp today. I am going to do one more session after my trip. It was really fun and I learned a lot. It was way harder than I ever thought it would be.

4. I have lost about 22 pounds. On a good day 23. :) That means I am a couple pounds from my pre-Hailee weight. And just a few more after that to get to the wedding day weight. So about 10 more total,but I would be just fine with 5 more too. But somehow I don't look near as good! :) Funny how kids change all that. Really trying to focus on being happy where I am. VERY hard for me. Hard to not compare to others as well. This has been my life long struggle.

5. Ran 5 miles in a little less than 45 minutes on Monday and I was so so happy and so so tired.

6. Have to work Mother's Day, but I leave on vacation the next day!! YAY!!! Tyler and I are so excited to get some time together with no kids. Also we get to fly First Class thanks to my cool brother!

7. Doing the Temple Marriage lesson in YW this month and need some insights or thoughts on marriage. We want to keep it positive, but also want them to realize that it is still work even after. Any thoughts?

8. Loved the Biggest Loser on Tuesday! Not a huge Ron fan, but thought it was so great that he finished the marathon. Big time tears!

9. Bought a new swimsuit this week. Very cute!! But I need a tan.

10. Hailee is writing words I didn't even know she knew. She made a card and labeled the whole family. Even the cat. She will really like kindergarten.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Congrats on your awesome weight loss!!! What an inspiration you are!!!

Have a GREAT TRIP!! Don't kiss any pigs...ha ha:)

It's funny you should ask about eternal marriage and work-I was reading just this morning in a book called "Come listen to a Prophet's Voice" by Lloyd Newell and today's quote was from Pres. Hinckley about love and marriage and how it takes work.

The Young Family Inc. said...

Take me with you!!! Lucky ducks! Be honest though, is this one of those trips with a hidden agenda?

Great job dropping all those pounds!! The last ten are always the hardest for me. I wish they would just put me under for a week, NOT tube feed me and then wake me up and SURPRISE! I don't know why it's more popular. :)

HAVE FUN!

PS Get a spray tan before you go- they are AMAZING!

Jenn said...

Enjoy your vacation! Have fun! And Don't drink the water. ;)

Kim said...

Re: #7 ... be sure those girls know that they will not all walk out of YW at age 18 and magically into an eternal marriage. It's important to be prepared for whatever the Lord may have in store... ;-) They need to do all they can to be solid, faithful, happy women - whether married or not.